Fitness and workout gym equipment is an essential part of your physical training unless you choose a bodyweight exercise.
The latter is highly recommended but if you nevertheless want to use equipment you have a wide choice of tools to support your training.
The good news is that you will actually need very little to get started prior your first yoga class regardless of whether it will be a home practice or a public class.
Here is what you want to know about the necessary equipment for yoga:
- Clothing – yoga pants or shorts, tops, sports bras, non-slip yoga socks
- Yoga mats – in yoga studios and gyms, it’s typical to use a yoga mat. The mat represents your personal space and it provides traction for your hands and feet so you don’t slip, especially as you get a bit sweaty. The mat also adds a little cushioning on a hard surface.
- Optional equipment – yoga bloc, yoga blanket, strap
Any type of exercise that gets your heart rate up and keeps it up for a prolonged period of time is defined as a cardio exercise. Cardio has many benefits for your physical and mental health – it manages your weight, helps prevent cardiovascular disease, improves mood by releasing feel-good chemicals and slows down aging and is believed to extend human lifespan. Hopefully this is enough evidence to convince you to start exercising as soon as possible using some of the cardio equipment below:
– Battle ropes – fun to use, target the whole body, improve stability
– Jump ropes – improve coordination, reduce injury risk
– Treadmill – easy to use and control (speed, incline, energy spend. etc.)
– Stair Mill – very effective tool for booty exercise
– Rowing Machine – big range-of-motion movement, very functional
– Airdyne Bike – ideal for total-body workout by engaging your upper and lower body
– Spin Bike – useful for long-distance session, some high-intensity intervals
For strength training
Kettlebells, dumbbells, resistance bands, TRX bands, sandbags, BOSU balance trainer, parallettes.
Equipment for yoga, cardio, strength training and other types of physical training you can find on best fitness gear and equipment websites.