What is the best fitness gear?
First of all, gym equipment is an essential part of your physical training unless you choose a bodyweight exercise. Workouts using only your own body weight are highly recommended but if you nevertheless want to use equipment you have a wide choice of tools to support your training.
First and foremost, the good news is that you will actually need very little to get started on your first yoga session. Importantly, it doesn’t matter if it is a home practice or a public class.
Here is what you want to know about the necessary equipment for yoga:
- Clothing – yoga pants or shorts, tops, sports bras, non-slip yoga socks
- Yoga mats – in yoga studios and gyms, it’s typical to use a yoga mat. The mat represents your personal space and it provides traction for your hands and feet so you don’t slip, especially as you get a bit sweaty. It also adds a little cushioning on a hard surface.
- Optional equipment – yoga bloc, yoga blanket, strap
Any type of exercise that gets your heart rate up and keeps it up for a prolonged period of time is defined as cardio exercise. Cardio has many benefits for your physical and mental health – it manages your weight, helps prevent cardiovascular disease, improves mood by releasing feel-good chemicals and slows down aging, and is believed to extend the human lifespan. Is this enough evidence to convince you to start exercising as soon as possible?
Use some of the cardio equipment below:
– Battle ropes – fun to use, target the whole body, improve stability
– Jump ropes – improve coordination, reduce injury risk
– Treadmill – easy to use and control (speed, incline, energy spend. etc.)
– Stair Mill – very effective tool for booty exercise
– Rowing Machine – big range-of-motion movement, very functional
– Airdyne Bike – ideal for a total-body workout by engaging your upper and lower body
– Spin Bike – useful for long-distance sessions, some high-intensity intervals
For strength training
Kettlebells, dumbbells, resistance bands, TRX bands, sandbags, BOSU balance trainer, parallettes.
Your equipment for yoga, cardio, strength training, and other types of physical training you can find on the best fitness gear and equipment websites.
Mr. Healthy & Ms. Exercise
Mr. Healthy & Ms. Exercise aggregates the best health and fitness websites for excellent training, supplements and foods tips, and health & lifestyle improvement. To see and visit any of the websites, check out this page. Six Pack Saturday lists bring tips & tricks about health, fitness, and diet. Check out the Tumblr archive or Pinterest boards.Tags: Cardio, Equipment, Gear, Strength training, Yoga